Big Analytics Workshop:
From Hype to Business Results
Date: July 26, 2013
Time: 8:30am-3:30pm CDT
Location: Omni Dallas Hotel (more details below)
This workshop takes place one day after the complimentary Big Analytics 2013 Dallas event. We hope you will join us for both!
In this 1-day introductory workshop, you will learn about Teradata’s innovative solutions by walking through a real big data analytics use case scenario of a Teradata customer so you can maximize your understanding of how to do new types of analytics on multi-structured data.
The workshop is highly interactive and lead by practitioners with firsthand experience working with Teradata’s technology and customers. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to define various big data analytics use cases and implement the initiatives in your organization to drive real business value with your data.
Morning Session: Overviews and a Use Case (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Teradata’s definition of Big Analytics
- The Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ for Big Analytics
- The Teradata Integrated Data Warehouse
- The Teradata Aster Database: Understanding discovery analytics on big data
- Introduction to Apache™ Hadoop®
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture Components Drill Down
- The SQL-MapReduce® (SQL-MR) framework
- Loading big data and executing SQL on Hadoop data (SQL-H)
- Pattern matching on time series data: The nPath function
- New types of data visualization: The nPathViz function
Afternoon Session: Applying Concepts (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Business Case Study – A Real-World Telco Example
- Solution: Utilize the Teradata Unified Data Architecture Technology
- Detailed step-by-step execution roadmap
- Working code examples
- 3-way join between Aster, Teradata, and Hadoop
- Execution of nPath and Pathmap SQL-MapReduce® functions sourced by the 3-way join
- Visualization of the results
- Report on analysis performed / results
Working knowledge of SQL. Basic knowledge of scripting languages. Experience with command-line interfaces.
Omni Dallas Hotel
Contact: 214-744-6664 Address: 555 S Lamar Street, Dallas, TX 75202
The 110,000 square feet of meeting space is infused with the history and style of Dallas. Each of the 39 meeting rooms, including two ballrooms, are named after area points of interest in the city and feature the work of local artists. http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/DallasHotel.aspx
Need a Hotel? You will have the opportunity to book a hotel room at the Omni Dallas Hotel during the registration process.