Big Analytics Workshop:
From Hype to Business Results
Date: June 13, 2013
Time: 9am-4pm ET
Location: Sheraton Atlanta (more details below)
Host: Bill Franks, the Chief Analytics Officer, Teradata
This workshop takes place one day before the complimentary Big Analytics 2013 Atlanta event. We hope you will join us for both!
In this 1-day introductory workshop, you will learn about Teradata’s innovative solutions by walking through a real big data analytics use case scenario of a Teradata customer so you can maximize your understanding of how to do new types of analytics on multi-structured data.
The workshop is highly interactive and lead by practitioners with firsthand experience working with Teradata’s technology and customers. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to define various big data analytics use cases and implement the initiatives in your organization to drive real business value with your data.
You will work in teams of two, sharing a laptop, as you work through several exercises using Teradata, Aster, Hadoop and visualization tools. Lunch will be provided.
Morning Session: Overviews and a Use Case (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Teradata’s definition of Big Analytics
- The Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ for Big Analytics
- The Teradata Integrated Data Warehouse
- The Teradata Aster Database: Understanding discovery analytics on big data
- Introduction to Apache™ Hadoop®
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture Components Drill Down
- The SQL-MapReduce® (SQL-MR) framework
- Loading big data and executing SQL on Hadoop data (SQL-H)
- Pattern matching on time series data: The nPath function
- New types of data visualization: The nPathViz function
Afternoon Session: Applying Concepts (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Business Case Study – A Real-World Telco Example
- Solution: Utilize the Teradata Unified Data Architecture Technology
- Detailed step-by-step execution roadmap
- Working code examples
- 3-way join between Aster, Teradata, and Hadoop
- Execution of nPath and Pathmap SQL-MapReduce® functions sourced by the 3-way join
- Visualization of the results
- Report on analysis performed / results
Working knowledge of SQL. Basic knowledge of scripting languages. Experience with command-line interfaces.
Contact: 404-659-6500 Address: 165 Courtland Street, NE Atlanta, GA 30303
All the comforts of home are shared when you enjoy our downtown neighborhood at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel. Come see our new look and experience total rejuvenation during your stay! http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1144
Need a Hotel? You will have the opportunity to book a hotel room at the Atlanta Sheraton during the registration process.
Self-parking onsite is $22 for a full date rate.
Valet parking is available for $29 for a 24 hour period.
MARTA Stop – Peachtree Center Station
Located three blocks from the Hotel